Monday, August 6, 2012

Election!

I am so over politics it's not even funny. I'm tired of the hate, mudslinging and casting of aspersions. Don't get me wrong...I care, very deeply, about the fate of Christian County, Missouri, and the United States of America. Tomorrow I will certainly go vote and you may even see me at West Finley precinct (Ozark South Elementary) campaigning. But I am just sick of all of it. Sick of Republicans being called Libertarians because they don't agree with the status quo. Sick of decent people having their names dragged through the mud because they are different than the status quo. But mostly sick of the people who ignore the above and continue to give power to the same old network of "good ol' boys." If you don't like how things are going, you can either ignore it, complain about it or try to do something about it. For the past year or so, I've been trying to fix the problem. I don't know how successful I've been but at least I'm trying. So tomorrow, if you choose to go to the polls, do some research on the candidates. Don't vote for someone because they have a nice smile or good hair or you knew his dad back in the day or her sister goes to your church. If you haven't had a opportunity to meet the candidates, Google them. Look at their website and Facebook page. See what's in the news about them. If they already hold an office, look at their voting record. See if they have any endorsements. And take everything with a grain of salt. Because the news may only reflect the negative and the candidate's website will probably only highlight the positive. Even voting records can be tricky to decipher...did Candidate X vote for Bill A because he truly believes in it or because he made a deal? Do you think they should even make deals on the county commission, city council, House or Senate? And then make an informed decision. Below, I'm going to list people I'm either voting for or people I would like to vote for but can't because I don't live in the right area. If I don't endorse anyone it's because I either haven't made up my mind or the person I support is not contested in the primary. I hope there's a great turnout tomorrow!! U.S. Senate: either Todd Akin or John Brunner (I still haven't made up my mind) 7th Congressional District: Mike Moon Governor: Bill Randles Secretary of State: Shane Schoeller State Rep District 140: Matthew Block Christian County: Eastern Commissioner: Robert Palmer Sheriff: Joey Kyle Coroner: Brad Cole Christian County Republican Central Committee (voting location): East Benton (Bruner Community Center): Robert and Bonnie Palmer Riverside (James River Assembly and Ozark Upper Elementary): Melissa Wagner East Finley (First Baptist Church, Ozark): Ronnie White North Linn (Victory Baptist Church, Ozark): Doyle and Mary Yoder McCracken (Ozark East Elementary): Bob and Kathryn Estep Oldfield (Oldfield Church of Christ): Mike Wasson Northview (High Pointe Elementary and Century Elementary, Nixa): John and Judy Dollarhite Union Chapel (Nixa Jr. High and Inman Intermediate, Nixa): Thomas and Conetta Taylor West Finley (Ozark South Elementary): Konni Hall (yes, I am endorsing myself) I have met and talked with each of the above people personally and among the potential committeemen and women, I consider each of them to be friends and would vouch for any of them. Well, except for that Konni Hall chick. She's kinda out there... See you at the polls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment